So a few weeks ago I got a Facebook message from Shannon Mckenna at The Write Through Life, telling me she wanted to nominate me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
I didn’t know a great deal about it, though I had seen it mentioned.
When she explained I was thrilled, what a lovely way for us newbie bloggers to get a little recognition and spread a little love!
Shannon has a fantastic blog with a very unique approach, using poetry and images to create affirmations to motivate her readers. To see what I mean check out her post ‘Motivated by the Storm’ here.
The idea is I do two things; nominate my own choices for the award and share a little about myself!
I am supposed to choose ten fairly new bloggers to share with you. Unfortunately, due to busy schedules and the like, I simply couldn’t round up ten that could participate fully, so I’ve settled for quality over quantity!
I have found five really unique blogs, some have been blogging only two months, others seven, either way, they are all fabulous!
Here we go!
Allison over at Waking up Thirty has a really great approach to parenting. It is honest and hilarious, but also down to business. I especially love her post on ‘life with bully‘ as it gives a different perspective. Her blog is beautifully laid out, Check her out!
Janalyn from The Soaring Swine has an inspiring story. Her blog about her weight loss success combines weight loss tips, exercise advice, diet advice and affirmative body image support with a positive outlook. I found her post ‘How to be enough‘ very thoughtful and relatable. Go have a read!
Erin at Quillable has a lovely blog that is a gem to find for an avid reader like myself. She posts book reviews, among other things. There are some fantastic reviews of children’s books which I find very useful, considering we make sure to have a bedtime story every night! Check out her review of ‘you’re a crab – a moody day book‘ this book looks fantastic for helping kids understand moods and why they feel the way they do.
I must admit, Mikula’s site The Running Mate is not the sort I would usually stumble upon, but I am so glad I did. There is an amazing amount of interesting, useful information to support anyone looking to lose weight, get fit or otherwise just enjoy exercise by running. I particularly like the running song recommendations, like David Bowies ‘We Could Be Heroes’. Good choice, Mikula!
Finally, Tatyanna at A Pop Of Life has a really beautifully laid out and ‘clean’ to look at blog, with a really refreshing mix of topics. She posts about fashion, beauty, style, food, lifestyle and finance. I particularly like her intro page announcing her beautiful son, it’s nice to see the person behind the blog in such a joyful way.
I hope you find a blog here that catches your eye! There are so many of us out in the blogosphere, I love that we can spread the word with Awards like this to give each other a helping hand!
Now, onto the bit about me! Here are seven fun facts about my blog/myself!
1. One of my favourite books is the Hobbit, which I first discovered age 11 and have read at least once a year every year since.
2. I am deathly afraid of spiders and caused hilarity when one appeared and started running towards baby (he was in a bouncer chair) at a baby group. My response was to grab him and leap away from the area faster than any of them had ever seen me move!
3. I grew up (mostly) in a small town in mid-Wales. While I desperately miss being able to leave my house and go wandering through the woods within minutes from my front door, I could never go back to feeling so isolated and cut off from the rest of the world.
4. New Zealand is my favourite place on earth. I backpacked there alone for three months when I was 18. I had never felt so laid back or at home.
5. I have a BA in Classical Studies, which I took at University mostly because a. I thought I needed a degree (even though I had no idea what to do with it) b. because I didn’t know what else to do c. because I found the subject interesting. My degree is now useless but I met Husband there, so it wasn’t entirely a waste!
6. One of the most important things to me on my bucket list is taking my sons on a family trip to Disney in Orlando. We plan to go when they’re a bit older (six and nine, maybe?) So they can make lifelong memories. Just the four of us doing every park, going all out!
7. I have been writing poetry, short stories, fan-fiction, novel drafts and children’s stories since before I was a teenager. Writing is a lifelong passion for me and A Life in Practice is a way for me to finally channel that passion into something real, something useful for the world without being side-tracked by my NATs telling me I shouldn’t bother.
So far so good, I can’t wait to see what the future holds!
I look forward to seeing who my nominees find to nominate! Spread the love, guys!